*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Saturday, December 13, 2014

AT THE SUNGLASS HUT LUNCH ON TUESDAY

This past Tuesday I went to a lunch hosted by Sunglass Hut at No. 5 Nettleton, Clifton. Those Capetonians amongst you who have the ‘event whore’ gene like me might recognize the address as the venue of choice for brands that fancy themselves as players in the premium leagues. Over the last year and a bit, I’ve covered a Louis Vuitton dinner and a Gavin Rajah lunch at the four-storey mansion, located at the foot of Lion’s head. I love it.  It is a rather dramatic venue for itself.

Anyway, I digress, back to shades. Sunglass Hut was presenting their new 94 Shades of summer campaign, which was shot in Miami featuring their global brand ambassador Georgia May Jagger, and her friends Alexandra and Theodora Richards. You’ll see it rolled out in Sunglass Hut stores over December.

Me I’m all about the shades. While it was lovely to lunch at a fancy venue, and find oneself sommer just drinking bottomless bubbles at lunchtime on a Tuesday, and seeing faces I haven’t seen in a minute, the best bit about the lunch was the selection of shades laid out, Miu Miu, Prada, Versace, Ray-Ban, Persol, etc. Made me wish I had shitloads of cash in a little box called “sunglass budget”.

Fortunately tho, everyone at the lunch got to pick a pair, and I found me a pair of Pradas that bring real joy to my heart. Now all I’m worried about is my habit of losing shades within 3 weeks of getting them. Actually, the cheap ones always stay, it’s the expensive ones that always leave.

I’m still mourning a pair of no longer available Dolce & Gabbana frames that crossed the three week curse only to disappear in the fourth week, after I put them on everyone’s face at my friend Jocelyn’s divorceparty here. Ja, that’s why I can’t have nice things. So, congratulations to the future owner of my Pradas, I’ve already had them for four days now, don’t stress, you won’t have to wait much longer, 3 more weeks at the most. For now, imma instagram the shit out of them

AND HERE IS ME IN MY NEW FAVOURITE PRADAS, WHICH YOU PROBS ALREADY SEEN ON MY INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND FACEBOOK IF YOU FOLLOW. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails