*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, August 29, 2014

WEDNESDAY AT THE OPENING OF MRP CONCEPT STORE


I gotta tell you a funny story skat, well I think it’s funny anyway. On Wednesday I went to the V&A Waterfront to attend the opening party for the new Mr P concept store.  So there I was, confidently strutting towards the shop, head up in the air. There was a bar lounge set up in front of the store’s entrance, where the fashion event set were already sipping on bubbles. I couldn’t see the entrance to the party so I asked one of the mall’s security guards stationed just outside the store, after giving me a quick look, and then another look at the crowd inside for a quick comparison, he said, “sorry bhuti, the shop will only be open to the public tomorrow.” Ouch, this shortly before I had to enter a party filled with dressed up fashion types. I couldn’t help but lol at myself. Now, I dress myself everyday so I’m well aware of just how pedestrian my style can be, it’s certainly not the kind of thing that ends up on street style blogs, but I thought this gentle reminder from this man was rather funny. Bless his security providing heart. One of these days I’m really gonna have to jack my shit up and get comfortable with the idea of a spending cash on clothes, and probably a little less on booze and food, much less actually, lord knows it ain’t easy to dress this three digit weight situation.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails