*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Saturday, June 7, 2014

THE PAST WEEK ON THE CT ART SCENE /// MOHAU MODISAKENG, BARTHÉLÉMY TOGUO, MAWANDE KA ZENZILE & ROWAN SMITH

As promised on the previous post here are pics from some of the openings I went to last week. I know I said I’d post them this past Monday, sorry skat, there goes the trust part of our relationship. But I’m glad I waited anyway because Rowan’s opening was only today, at least that way I could add it to this post. To make up for my lies I’ll share a bit of mild gossip with you. I trust we’re all up to date with the Zwelethu Mthethwa situation, well I had a chat with a certain collector who shall remain unnamed, said collector has started the process of putting their Zwelethu Mthethwa pieces back in the gallery system so they can be sold, because they don’t want those vibes in their home. 

Anyway, enough with the goss, it’s been an awesome week and a bit on the art front, such a fucking royal treat, here are some pics of my favourite work from the exhibition openings of the last week and a half. All the work is on show for the next month or so, I highly recommend that you treat yourself to a day or two and go check them out. Brundyn+ is in Bo-kaap and the rest are in Woodstock, so everything is close to town, obvs. Enjoy.

DITAOLA BY MOHAU MODISAKENG AT BRUNDYN+

CELEBRATIONS BY BARTHÉLÉMY TOGUO AT THE STEVENSON GALLERY



EXPERIMENTATION: ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE BY MAWANDE KAZENZILE AT THE STEVENSON GALLERY


NO EVERYTHING BY ROWAN SMITH AT WHATIFTHEWORLD GALLERY


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails