*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Monday, January 13, 2014

THE WEEKEND, COURTESY OF L'ORMARINS QUEEN'S PLATE & PERONI

This past Saturday marked one of my favourite annual events, the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate. It's not that I care much for horse racing, but I can't resist a social event that calls for a bit of dressing up, although that call fell on several deaf ears. Don't get me wrong, the majority of people looked lovely in the blue and white theme, if a bit on the safe side. It must also be said that one of the reasons I like the LQP so much is its much smaller size compared to the other event, and its sophisticated vibes. 
But you mos know I like a bit of drama, a bit of danger, and a lot of ratchetry, and while most of the outfits were pleasant and sophisticated, they lacked the adventure that I love and I landed up with far fewer pics than I'd hoped for. Then there were the tiny pockets of guys in flip flops. really? WTF? That shit is disrespectful. There are two kinds of shoes that I strongly believe one should not buy in order to steer clear of temptation, crocs and flip flops. No. Don't do it. Nobody needs to be that comfortable in footwear. Ever.

I spent most of my time at The Stud Club and Peroni marquee, and if you read my LPQ post last year you might remember my disappointment with Peroni's VIP within a VIP section. Well, I am happy to announce that this year it was a far better set up, in both size and location. It was proper. A good thing considering that Peroni flew some 80 Johannesburg guests for the occasion. As part of their Cape Town weekend I also joined them on Sunday for a lunchtime cruise, which was actually the perfect way to finish a fantastic weekend and holiday. And now, I head back to work. Thank you summer. 


SUNDAY WITH PERONI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails