*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Thursday, January 9, 2014

LET’S GET THIS 2014 PARTY STARTED WITH SOME “BEST OF” FUCKERY /// MY 40 FAVOURITE MOMENTS OF 2013


Hello skattie, it’s been a minute. Here’s hoping you’ve had a fabulous holiday, like, the best. If not, soz, get yourself ready for the unavoidable lunchtime office monologues from people who treat holidaying like a sport, and feel the need to be no. 1, the need to have like, the best holiday ever, out of like, absolutely everyone.

I for one had an awesome one. I spent all of it in Cape Town, and I did fuckall, except for the occasional out of town drive. I didn’t even so much as go to a party. I literally took a break from my life and it was awesome. The sweetest sweet. Totes flame. Technically I’m still on holiday, am only heading back to work next week, but I’ve decided to end my skattie holiday today, with a celebration of some of my favourite skattie pics from 2013. These are them. Enjoy.

It’s been an incredible year, and I also have a lot to be grateful for, from making Mail & Guardian’s 200 Young South Africans list, to judging the Elle Rising Star Design Award and guest judging on Africa’s Next Top Model, through to launching the Skattie Online Mag, I have these and a lot of other things to be grateful for. So I wanna say thanks to the universe, and to the many people who have supported me. My family, my incredible partner Athi-Patra Ruga, colleagues, friends and readers. I am looking forward to an even more awesome 2014.

What I am not looking forward to are the abovementioned holiday monologues. I know, I’m a bit of a poes about that, but you know how some people go off like they just invented holidays. We have facebook and instagram for that now, c’mon. Anyone who is really interested in the detail of your holiday has been all over your facebook already. As for everybody else, when they ask you how your holidays were, they’re just being polite boo, kinda like when they ask about your weekend when you get to work on Monday, all they want is couple of sentences. For holidays, unless they’re close friends, a paragraph will suffice. Edit yourself, and no matter how froggy you feel, don’t leap boo. Love & light.








































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails