*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, November 15, 2013

LAST NIGHT AT THE MR PRICE & ELLE RISING STAR DESIGN AWARDS /// 2013

As some of you might know, for the last few months I've been part of the judging panel for the Elle Rising Star Design Awards. Of course it's been an amazing experience, not only because of the opportunity to debate and exchange ideas about the future of our industry with the rest of the judging panel, but also because it was a chance to be exposed to and for a brief time be part of the journey that the finalists went through, and exchange ideas with them. I've always said my favourite fashion talent is always the young talent, for numerous reasons, and last night was a beautiful showcase of those reasons. Anyway, enjoy the pics and the highlights from the finalist's ranges. For now I gotta run, I'm meeting up with the winner Nicholas Coutts to do a likkle video interview, which I'll post up next week. Enjoy.

p.s. I must give props to Deon Redman who was responsible for the production last night, it was fucking Amaze! Well fucking done!

JENEVIEVE LYONS







                          LUKHANYO MDINGI







THE WINNER: NICHOLAS COUTTS









ELLI-NICOLE SAZEIDES






JACQUELINE LE GRANGE





JULIA M'POKO







MIEKE VERMEULEN








VALERIE BRITZ





LAST YEAR'S WINNER JANE ELIZABETH KOTZE (2012)

This dress is everything!!!! That pattern you see in front is all made up of handsewn inserts. Not printed, not applique'd, handsewn, in different fabrics!











2 comments:

  1. Everyone looked fab!
    They all had really good designs, congrats to the winner.
    I personally LOVED JACQUELINE LE GRANGE's range. I would wear allll of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails