*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Saturday, September 7, 2013

HAITUS SCHMAITUS......& WE'RE BACK /// MISSHAPE X ANTHEA KNOWS BEST

I think it was that great sage Timbaland on Aaliyah's Try Again who uttered the words, "It's been a long time, long time. We shouldn't have left you, left you, without a dope beat to step to, step to, step to, step to."

Hello skattie, it's been a while, askies liefling, I trust you'll be your usual forgiving self. See I decided to unionize and go on a bit of a strike against myself. I know I am a year or ten behind on the strike trend, but one can't be on trend all the time. I highly recommend it though, for any part of your life where you're your own boss, strike against yourself, demand better conditions, better hours, better food, fuck it, demand a better baas. As for me the negotiations were intense, I said fuck you Mali, imma party hard and imma leave that camera at home until the working conditions improve, starting with the ridiculous hours and the poor healthcare, it's tools down you stingy muthaphukka.

Being the terrible boss I am to myself, I haven't found a way to improve the working hours, but the healthcare is getting better, starting with joining a boxing class. With at least that one condition met, I have decided return to work, as a good faith gesture you see, but make no mistake, the negotiations are far from over, and imma burn this bitch to the ground if conditions don't improve. 

Anyway, now that I am back, I must share these pics with you from the Misshape show at the Durban Fashion Fair a coupla weeks ago. I know, it's a bit late, but hey, a strike will do that to ya. I am total sucka for creative collabos, especially when the end result looks like this. I really dug this range, which was collaboration between Misshape's Jamal Nxedlana and self-described "boss bitch" Anthea Poulos a.k.a Anthea Knows Best. I thought it so young, and it spoke that language beautifully. I love sport-luxe vibes, it's one of my favourite fashion themes, and combined with that kinda Swazi print? ja I loved it. Enjoy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails