*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

ELLE RISING STAR 2013 DESIGN AWARD JUDGING SESSION /// INSTAGRAM PICS

To say I’m not the biggest fan of instagram pics on blogs would be an understatement. Everytime I see an instagram post transferred onto a blog I just wanna com sui by taking the closest minora blade to my wrist. No really, huh uh, stop it. But hey, here I am reposting instagram pics on blogger. Hypocrisy happens, you'll live.

Some of you may know that I am one of the judges on this year’s panel for the Elle Rising Star Design Award, and on Wednesday last week we had the second round of judging where the finalists presented four garments each, half of their ranges basically. Obvs I couldn’t take my camera and shoot entire ranges, you have to wait until the actual show for that, so I didn’t bother bringing my camera. I took these sneak peeks/pics with my phone and posted them on instagram, I’ve combined them here with pics I've illegally taken from Elle’s instagram account.

The talent was amaze, no really, it was, I’m not just saying that on some PR bullshit vibe. I'm talking people creating their own fabrics and prints kind of amazing. I once was a fashion student and after that a young designer, and to see the work people are hooking up right now always reminds me what a lazy shit I was, and it inspires me to do better now that I know better. So ja, this judging session totally gave me life, which is why I have to share it with you and break my ‘no instagram pics on the blog’ rule.

1 comment:

  1. jacqueline le grange's collection makes me so excited - i adore her prints. can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails