*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, May 17, 2013

THURS /// FROM ADRIAAN KUITERS TO PROJECT RUNWAY WINNER ANYA AYOUNG-CHEE

I feel like a stuck record everytime I start a post with the words “I had an awesome night”, but really skat I did, what can I say. To quote the great Thembi Seete, “I don’t know whaaaaat can I do myself”. There were quite a few events happening in CT tonight, unfortunately they all started at the same time so I chose two. Adriaan Kuiters and Take Care’s Winter 2013 range launch, and a fabulous intimate little soiree at a private home in Llandudno with Anya Ayoung-Chee (@AnyadeRogue) ,winner of Project Runway season 9. Had so much fun there. Thanks to Nicoleah Ogle (@nicoleah77) who hooked it up, and singer Claire Phillips (@claire952) who entertained along with rapper Da Les (@2freshLES).

 My best though was one of the model girls at that party. Sweet girl. I was chatting to her about one of the events I missed tonight, a launch of The Exchange, a fashion boutique that doesn’t take money but rather gives you clothes in exchange for signing up as an organ donor. Your organs for fashion kinda thing. Anyway, with a straight face, sweet model girl says to me, “If you donate your organs, what happens when you die and then you get to heaven and you’re incomplete?”. I swear I almost wet my pants. Special.

BELOW: IMAGES OF SOME OF THE PIECES FROM THE NEW ADRIAAN KUITERS RANGE. SHOT BY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PHOTOGRAPHERS, NICO KRIJNO. AWESOMENESS!
BELOW: IMAGES OF SOME OF THE PIECES FROM TAKE CARE'S NEW WINTER RANGE. SHOT BY JULIA MERRETT.
LATER, PARTYING IT UP IN LLANDUDNO. MORE AWESOMENES.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That first pic from the Llundudno party is Anya (on the right). She won Project Runway Season 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend was involved in the exchange and spoke to a woman at the event whose mother said that if she became an organ donor her ancestors would not be able to recognise her in the afterlife. interesting insight into a cause like organ donation in an African context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project Runway is a reality TV series which focuses on fashion industry. It is hosted by Heidi Klum and the mentor is the brilliant Tim Gunn who I truly adore. At the beginning there are around 15 designers (contestants) and in every episode they need to make an outfit according to the task they were given. At the end of the episode judges will decide which design is the weakest and that designer will go home. The best 3 are going to the finale and they will make the final collection which will be presented at the New York Fashion Week. The best designer wins great prizes that can enormously change their careers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails