*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Thursday, December 20, 2012

BREAK 'TIL JAN /// NON-FASHION NON-EVENT PICS: ENTABA KANDODA

I probs should have announced it last week already when I left CT for the EC. Anyway here it is, officially, I’m takin a break from fashion/event blogging for the rest of December, and we’ll start again in Jan when I’m back in CT, okay? I’m not gonna take a break from all blogging, just the fashion & party stuff. I’m gonna go out there on vay cay vibes, have fun with my camera and then share the results with you, yes I should keep this kinda shit to facebook but lord knows I do so crave your attention, like Lady Gaga said (yes, one can quote Lady G), I will “chase you down until you love me”, or perhaps Mike Tyson’s infamous “I’ll fuck ‘til you love me faggot” is more approps. Whichever tickles your fanny or perhaps you’d prefer to relate to the one that best defines your Mangaung week, think on it.

Speaking of manga manga business, I totes had SA politics of the last few days on my mind earlier today when I shot this kinda awesome structure. It was built by Ciskei president/dictator Dr Lennox Sebe in 1981. We all know what Ciskei was right? Good.  He called it Intaba KaNdoda after a famous Xhosa poem written about the mountain. It was a massive thing with an 18 000 seat arena. He held these major celebrations there, Independence celebrations or something, and he made it rain on civil servants, teachers, headmen, business people and cronies, like major party times. But Sebe really knew how to put the dick in dictator, he made attendance compulsory, on some twisted populism shit, force feeding the masses whilst totally fucking them. One time in 1985 when the people of Zwelitsha township threatened to boycott the celebrations Sebe personally threatened to cut off their water and electricity.  

When he eventually fell from power, people took this building apart and what’s on these pictures is what’s left of it. It’s kinda isolated except for the cows that hang out there and cover what’s left of the interior in bullshit on the daily, oh and the black birds that fly around, in and out of the structure, feeding on the bullshit I assume.  I’ve never been there before and Athi and I have been dying to go, we heard so much about the place when were kids, so glad we went, it was everything we thought it would be and so much less. Ominous as fuck, stinks like shit and flies make it unbearable to hang for long but it’s kinda beautiful in its decay and it’s out-in-the bundus location. Getting there is a bit of an off road experience.

 Anyway, birds, bullshit, the big men that lead us, populism, contrast, histories soon forgotten and soon repeated, all o that’s been on my mind. Don’t worry skat, I am not going all politico on you, so don’t leave me a comment to remind that you come here for skattieliscious outfits and parties, I fucking know that skat, that’s why I shoot the skattieliscious outfits and parties. I should probably not ramble too far outside my station anyway, you know, save my faggoty little brain for what’s hot and what’s not, but I’m clueless when it comes to shooting EC skatties, I honestly have no clue where all the great parties are (are there any?), and we know I hate walking the streets and searching, it’s my fucking worst. so uhmm…if you know of any skattieliscious vibes happening in an around EL, do tell. Otherwise come now bitches, just take me to your faghags, so I can spend less time thinking about corrupt ass rulers, past, present and future.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails