*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Thursday, November 8, 2012

THURS2SAT

THURSDAY


I should apologize for the dodgy quality of some of these pics, although by now if you’re still hanging around these parts technical brilliance is obviously not what you’re after. It’s not that I totally don’t give a shit, I too wish I could take pics as beautifully crisp and composed as Anthony Bila (btw you MUST check out his blog, he is totes my favourite local fashion blogger at the moment, his pictures have such a beautiful technical brilliance, and he obviously knows his way around a camera). Sometimes I wish I enjoyed photoshop, so I could atleast fix some mistakes but fuck it’s such a chore, and I hate chores. Anyway, imma stop bashing myself now, people who fish for pity are cunts. And if there’s one lesson I took from the above event  it is not to be a victim, forever self-pitying . The event Exhibition  B was organized by my Max Mogale and curated by Yang Zhao, featuring work by Paul Ward, Urban Mosadi, Kai Kevlar, Azeulah, Nicci Bruce, Anelisa Mangcu, Alix-Rose Cowie, Danielle Clough and Max Mogale. Bar one, these are all peeps I know and call friends, some close some less so, and they’re all already pushing their individual  commercial hustles, but like a lot of us, they enjoy the opportunity to do more work that is not governed by market forces.  Which is why I find this type of event so inspiring, because a community of people that hang out, drink party together pooled their resources and created an awesome evening for the rest of us to enjoy and be exposed to the artistic work that they create outside of their commercial endeavors ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….started writing this on Tues night, thought I might finish it tonight but it’s 5 in the morn and 5hrs since I turned 34, a so you can imagine what state I’m in. Enjoy the pics. probably enuff oprah vibes for now anyway


 FRIDAY /// TYPICAL CAPE TOWN SUNSET VIBES


SATURDAY EMGIDINI EGUGULETHU
and for those of you that don't know what umgidi is, it's a celebration/gathering/party to welcome back a young Xhosa man from the bush.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails