*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, August 24, 2012

VEEJAY-JAY ON THE SWAY-SWAY


AND TO THE AFTERPARTY WE GO ////



So tonight I went to check out Cosmopolitan’s Lingerie do, billed as South Africa’s premier lingerie show. The September Issue of Cosmo is as some of you might know also accompanied by a lingerie supplement. the show was held at the Cape Sun, a bit of a retro venue, but I love that. A bit of a disclaimer to start, I am not really a lingerie kinda guy, I never really fully get it, some fags do but me not quite.  Even at fashion week it gets a bit of a funny treatment, like it’s the other show, you know the one packed with screaming heterosexual couples. Actually even tonight I was trying to get a friend who lives and breathes fashion to accompany me, and she was like “No! it’s not fashion”, but like a good fashion bitch she rocked up for the afterparty anyway. As for me I really admire Cosmo for the energy they put behind the lingerie industry and it’s trends, and even though I still don’t quite get lingerie I thoroughly enjoyed the show, I love showmanship and a bit of craft and they brought it by the bucketloads. I spent so much time loving those dramatic headpieces, I fucking love drama. I must also mention that as much as I go on about not quite getting it I had a bit of a wow moment when the ackermans lingerie came on, I guess it’s because of brand perception/prejudice that I really didn’t expect their lingerie to be on par with the rest but fuck it held its own and then some (and there were quite a few brands there,  Guess, Wonderbra, Jockey, Temptations, etc), as an ex fashion buyer myself I gotta raise a glass to the buyer who hooked up that range.  Anyway, me I had a rockin time (shocker of shockers I experimented with sobriety tonight and still had fun and only made it home  at 1.00 am). And after all that we were treated to an afterparty at the top of the ABSA building in town. I’ll let the pics tell the rest of the story, I’m not gonna say more because I have to get to sleep, coz I have to wake up early tomorrow for breakfast at the new entrepo store, yep it’s the décor store. I recently joined the VISI team, so ja I’m all about interiors now. nyt skat.

REMEMBER: don't be pedantic, let all grammar and spelling mistakes I make at this time of the morning slide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails