*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Sunday, March 4, 2012

U STRIKE A QUEEN U STRIKE A POSE


I am slightly ashamed because I did not know that today was Pride. I’m not blaming myself though, all the blame goes onto the Pride organizers . Like seriously, Pride is a pretty big fucking deal, everybody should know about it. I’m not a scene queen, I just don’t have the physique  for it. I landed up at the gay village by accident tonight. I went to check out Bubbles, a drag bar, drag queens have a special place in my heart.  Anyway, I asked a couple of people hanging out at the  village tonight about Pride and a few (most actually)  of them had no idea that today/tonight was Pride. That was a bit sad because Pride actually is rather important. If for no other reason, it’s important for the lesbian rape situation in our townships. Yes, lesbians are terribly unfashionable and their commitment to cargo shorts shames the entire homocountry but that’s not a good enough reason to hate, however bloody militant many of them are. Jokes aside though, we leave in a country where homophobia is rife and it really does not matter how liberal our constitution is, the truth is that the majority of South Africans are homophobic (yes they are, stop denying it) and so many are violently homophobic. Fuck you if you are still in denial about that, and fuck the ignorance about the suffering of so many and fuck ignoramuses who deny the contribution homos make to our society, and ag shame for those think there isn't a homo in their family.  Pride is still important and we cannot be chilled about it. 

1 comment:

  1. As much as I am pretty "whatever" about gay ppl i have to say I still can't get used to seeing particularly, men kissing or men in drag.
    Im admitting this much to my embarassment as I consider myself quite liberal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails