*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

SKATTIE DOES LUNCH IN JOZI



So this past weekend i went to Joburg on a work related trip, work being that daytime gig that puts new appliances on my kitchen counter. For the first couple of days all i could think about was how much i dislike that city (the city not the people skat, i.e. not you). Relax skat, i'm not about to go on a Joburg bashing mission. I'm just saying i don't like it much, horrible architecture and death by facebrick. Like seriously skat, what does Jozi have against paint? Fortunately my friend Fumi had a lunchtime gathering to celebrate his 29th birthday on Saturday, and it made my Joburg trip so totally worth it, it ended up being such a brilliant weekend packed full of my top 3 favourites; bubbly, beer and the sound of my drunken  voice. If you've read my last two post you might know that my camera broke, so i didn't have a camera at Fumi's lunch, so thanks to my very talented friend Mazwi Vezi for the pics above. I also snapped a couple of pics on my phone, if you've been with us for a while you might remember that all the early pics on this blog were taken on my phone. So ja, if you can spot the 3 not so hi-quality pics,  those are from my phone.

On another competely unrelated matter; the hotel room i stayed in had 3 full length mirrors. I endured so much abuse from those mirrors skat i think i might have to stop eating altogether. Of course i know very well that i'm not what one might  call skinny, but those mirrors confirmed that i am defitnitely what one would call fat. Oh skattie the stress. Maybe it is time to go back to gym, obese is not a good colour on me and i've been wearing it for way too many seasons.

7 comments:

  1. thank you for coming to lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you skat for hosting such a skattieliscious gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back posting! and love these photos. i want that yellow bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, I am only seeing this now... TOOO COOL! Now I am REALLY jonesing for Jozi... Fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd Mali the pics r devine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Mazwi, he really does take awesome pictures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails